make love, not war on bikes

Found on Craigslist - An Ode to Toronto's Female Cyclists by a mysterious, romantical 'F'.

Oh, women of this great metropolis,
On your mechanical, two-wheeled horses
You ride,
Fiercely, distractedly, unselfconsciously
In these bright summer days
And late,
Late into the night.

Geeky, gothy, indie, neo-hippie,
Black, white, brown,
And every shade in between and beyond,
Your beauty dazzles,
All of you,
A blur of flesh, cloth, and metal,
Clanging bells and heels on pavement
Of these often mean streets.

As I see you pedaling away,
I have often wondered:
Where to? Towards whom?
I have often wondered:
Without you,
What would this city become?
Drained of grace and intrigue,
An alienating collection of cars and buildings
By a lake and in a province called Ontario.
Thus, stay as you are,
Fleeting splendor that you embody,
And stay where you are,
On these often mean streets.

I have caught glimpses of expressions
Etched on your lovely faces:
Happiness, anger, hope, despair,
Sometimes, it seemed, all of them together.
And yet remember that you remain
Beautiful, always.
To me.

The trace of your perfume in the humid evening air,
The whir of your chain,
The flutter of your hair,
The echo of your laughter,
Already distant
Like a half-faded memory that bursts to life again
In unexpected ways,
Make me long for something that I never had
Nor knew that I wanted.

If you could stop for a moment,
If you would stop for a moment,
I would whisper in your ear:
'Thank you, thank you,
For merely the sight of you
Fills me with joy and desire,
Which I foolishly thought
Had been lost in this world.'

Oh, women of Toronto,
On your mechanical, two-wheeled horses,
Try to smile,
Maybe, even, say hello,
For it could be me, heart beating,
Crossing your path,
Shyly glancing at you,
Ever expectant that love will strike
On two wheels
On the streets of our city
One day
Or late,
Late into the night.


F.

Location: on a bicycle downtown
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2452057070

No comments:

Post a Comment